Photo of the Day
03.01.08
View from my study 7.45am
"January is here, with eyes that keenly glow,
A frost-mailed warrior
striding a shadowy steed of snow."
- Edgar Fawcett
A frost-mailed warrior
striding a shadowy steed of snow."
- Edgar Fawcett
The Weather Forecast was correct and this morning we awoke to a layer of snow.
Because of our location we have two main roads which are often the victims of any snow or icy conditions. The A174 Coast Road and the A171 Moor Road.
As we listened to the radio at 7.30 we heard that the A174 is blocked.
It will only be a matter of time before the A171 is also blocked as the snow drifts over the moors.
This morning it was work as usual for Jon, but I packed him a packed lunch/11's.
My car is useless with the slightest of fluttering of snow and we use the 4X4 which is Jon's work vehicle.
So today will be a day of catching up with the housework and restoring some sort of order to the Nesbitt household.....
well when I say the word normal, you know what I mean.....as normal as can be expected with the Nesbitts!
LOL!
I do hope to get out with my camera however as the village comes into its own with the mere hint of snow.
Because of our location we have two main roads which are often the victims of any snow or icy conditions. The A174 Coast Road and the A171 Moor Road.
As we listened to the radio at 7.30 we heard that the A174 is blocked.
It will only be a matter of time before the A171 is also blocked as the snow drifts over the moors.
This morning it was work as usual for Jon, but I packed him a packed lunch/11's.
My car is useless with the slightest of fluttering of snow and we use the 4X4 which is Jon's work vehicle.
So today will be a day of catching up with the housework and restoring some sort of order to the Nesbitt household.....
well when I say the word normal, you know what I mean.....as normal as can be expected with the Nesbitts!
LOL!
I do hope to get out with my camera however as the village comes into its own with the mere hint of snow.
17 comments:
Our local News (BBC Bristol)siad if your planning on travel take extra clothes and blankets!!! What is it about the UK a bit of a flurry and it grinds to a halt!!!! We get nothing like you get Mrs N!!!!
Happy new year to you and your family. Great X on your previous post. My mate Loz has an XJR 1300. You've probably seen it at some point over on Jangle. Sorry I've missed loads of ABC's but I've been on holiday. I've gor Z sorted though :)
I want snow.
Happy new year to you and the family!
Hope you are well
Denise. I look forward to seeing your snow piccies. We have had a fair bit of snow in the last few days, but it's supposed to warm up to 15c by next week..!
Interesting weather.
Belated Happy New Year!
xo
Here we call out in delight "a snow day" when the white stuff begins to fall. That simple phrase means so many things - quiet time at home or snow angels in the yard, walks with children to the snow-covered parks, cocoa and a fire in the grate . . . I wish you the very best of days, Denise.
Do you know how much I WANT SNOW? And you northerners keep bragging about your snow. I am ready to go visit up north since no snow is coming to Georgia. Maybe this year we will get one. My grandson is 4 years old and he has never seen snow on the ground, just a few flurries. When we see flurries we get excited.
Love the snow! I use to love being snowed in as a kid. because that meant no school! lol
No snow here yet, not sure if we want it as hubby is going to a bike rally at the weekend!!
I wish we had snow! Being snowbound the house sounds nice to me!
Happy New Year Mrs.N and family,
Enjoying your pics and poems.
Just a cm of snow here at breakfast today and sleety all day. Cosy fire and toasted muffin weather on the farm just now, no land work at present, just maintenance in the yards. Had a look back at those quaint and characterful pics of shops in Whitby (days out), have 'beached' many times there, but next visit shall look them out! Best wishes,
Mrs.G.H.
Can't wait to see your shots of snowy village life.
I'm glad you qualified what normal is for you. I think you live life in the fast lane.
Have a great day puttering around that cozy home of yours.
Certainly looks cold, we had a very cold day today but no snow as yet at 6.20pm UK time.
Brrr, looks cold there.
It's just wet here - web feet in high gear.
~Oswegan
Wow, snow. It's supposed to 70 her by Saturday. I would love snow!! Happy New Year!!
Happy New Year Denise!!! Many happy blogging days for you in '08!
xo
Gillian
still no snow in grantham :o( the kids are desperate for it!! and i want it to arrive before next monday as they're back to school...
HAPPY NEW YEAR, MRS N xxx
Post a Comment