22.1.08

ABC Wednesday.........Round 2!

Welcome to ABC Wednesday Round 2!

How to participate in ABC Wednesday
1. Post your ABC Picture picture on your blog
2. Come to my blog and sign in on Mr. Linky
3. Enjoy the wonderfully unique ABC pictures of the other bloggers.

There is a new Mr. Linky each week so you always have to sign up on the current one.
Please do not sign your name on Mr. Linky unless you have an A picture posted on your blog.

Thanks
D

here is mine.......




A is for....
Atonement!







I thought I had everything sorted for my A post!
In fact I had planned the majority of my alphabet photographs one night whilst having a bath!
But things change!
I think I am going to try and keep my ABC Wednesday contributions as spontanious and current as possible, it is more fun like that.
My original idea was to use photographs taken round the house and garden, but this is when I found I was deciding what to photograph months ahead.
This doesn't allow for the unexpected./spontanety hence the change of mind.



If you look closely at the photograph you will see the date on the Evening Gazette...
yes, Tuesday 22nd January...the day the Oscar nominations were published...yesterday!
Atonement is a keen favourite, nominated for 7 categories.

Ian McKewan..........hmmmmmmmmmmmmm yes THE Ian McKewan!
Famous author, multiple award winner!

In all of my 25 years+ spent as a teacher, without a doubt the VERY BEST book I ever read with a class was "The Daydreamer" the first children'snovel Ian McKewan wrote.
It is the story of a 10 year old! Peter Fortune.

promise me, you will read it.............
you will cry with laughing!
This was really a wonderful book.
The chapter..."The Bad Doll" will have you screaming with memories from your youth....
The Chapter about the family cat will be the best account of the death of a family pet you will ever read. Priceless.

One of our nearby local cinemas was used as a set for the film and in fact a colleague of mine, Nick Murray was an extra.




Nick presents the Saturday afternoon radio broadcast on our local Hospital Radio.
I am a regular contributor to the show. I have a "green" slot where I talk about ways we can improve our environmental awareness. I will be appearing next on March 1st where I will share some environmentally friendly cleaning tips.

You can read Nick's account of the filming here
The date you need to find is Sunday August 27th 2006.

Also on Nick's web page is a list of podcasts of the radio show.
You can listen to one of my interviews if you click on "Going Green with Mrs Nesbitt!"

So here we are ABC Wednesday round 2!
I look forward to travelling around the globe and seeing the amazing creative angles you will all use in finding incredibly unique "A" subjects.

I am going to try and be as spontaneous as possible....
Watch this space!

LOL!

Spontaneity

oh, to be spontaneous in everything I do
no pondering, no worrying, no wondering what’s true
when I connect to Spirit, that’s how easy life can be
for Spirit knows so much more than either you or me

it doesn’t mean I turn my back and pretend that I don’t see
it doesn’t mean I choose to lack responsibility
I live my life just as before, no one will have a clue
that I am guided from within and live each day anew

the difference in perspective is I’ve let go of the past
and every experience is different from the last
we carry so much baggage that our shoulders sorely sag
we’re stooped and bent and surly just like a mean old hag

when we look for problems and expect the very worst every day becomes a struggle, every action has been cursed isn’t it much better to release that heavy load respond with spontaneity, it’s a truly enlightened road


Elizabeth Rose


51 comments:

Nessa said...

Ok, I just got used to Wordless Wednesday.

I can't find Mr. Linky.

A.Bananna said...

:) great job!!!

Silly Goose said...

Atonement! Good one. ;-) A friend just loaned me a copy of that book, which she read twice. Now I can't wait to read the book and see the movie.

DigitalShutterMania said...

Thanks for the beautiful ABC Wednesday round 2. I really love this photo post originated by you.

Cheers,
DSM

dot said...

Really nice post Denise! You always come up with such great ideas.

Paulie said...

I enjoyed your entry to start this off. I like that you are searching for new photos also. I did too. Excited about participating this round. Would love to have youd rop by. . .

Daryl said...

Nice ..

Max-e said...

Nice start to round 2 Denise. My approach is to continue with the Africa theme

Alan said...

I haven't had a chance to catch that movie yet but very much want to - I love a good, sweeping wartime-epic-romance-type film.

Neva said...

I agree with being spontaneous....I was doing what you were doing--planning ahead --and decided that was not for me!We try to be green here as well....my daughter is VERY much the environmentalist!

david mcmahon said...

You and Nick are stars!

Mahala said...

here we go again! I still can't believe that I made it all the way through the first round and am starting again!

GAWO said...

I will like to try out ABC Wednesday. So here i go....

RUTH said...

A great A to start with. I tried to think up a theme for this time but have decided against it. Last time I challenged myself to put on NO photos from the garden...it was so difficult :o) Think I'll do whatever comes into my mind this time...it just happened to be something to eat this week :o)
Rx

FO - 2 said...

Hello Denise. :)

I have decided to participate on your ABC - Wednesday.
Starting on scratch. ;)

Your A - post is just beautiful and meaningful.
From one heart to another.

Thank you for the book tips. I just have to read them. For my daughters as well maybe.
I`m going to the library tommorow.

Wishing you a HAPPY ABC! :)

hpy said...

As I started the first round with O, I'll continue. It's a good idea for a Wednesday post.

photowannabe said...

This will be just as fun the second time around and I agree with being spontaneous. Thanks for the book suggestions. I will have to read them too.

Rune Eide said...

I will just have to see that movie (or perhaps read the book - I' more of a reading man).

Mike's Travels said...

I saw the film last year but found it very depressing!

Gerald (Ackworth born) said...

good to be starting at Again

Dragonstar said...

Great idea. And thanks for the book suggestions, too - I'm always on the lookout for something new to read.

This is my first week, and it looks as if I'll be kept busy visiting. See you all soon.

VP said...

Hi Denise - thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment on my ABC post!

I like your idea. We were out with some friends in Darlington just after Atonement came out, 1 of whom works for Stockton College. A lot of people there were extras in the film including the audio visual technician. He managed to take some of his own footage and cast himself in the hero's role! We also saw the film whilst in Darlington and went to Redcar the next day to look at the Dunkirk location. It was almost unrecognisable - if the steelworks hadn't been there (which you could just see in the background of the film sometimes), you couldn't have said we were at the right place!

Gordon said...

I started at Y, so am looking forward to starting at the beginning.

I have heard Atonement is a good film; I intend seeing it soon.

Anonymous said...

Its on my to read list.

lv2scpbk said...

I heard from other people that Atonement is a good movie. I haven't seen it yet. I was going to stick with restaurants for this ABC Wed and decided to go with something else at the last minute. So, I know what you mean.

Anonymous said...

I'm a big fan of spontaneity, too. I must confess - I've not read anything by McEwan. This is my first time here - I look forward to visiting as many other participants as I can. Happy Wednesday!

Digital Flower Pictures said...

Here we go again.

I agree about being spontaneous. I have always wanted my blog to be things I photographed as close to the publish date as possible. It doesn't always work out that way, however.

It looks like we have a few more people joining and I want say 'Welcome' to all.

kml said...

Round one went awfully fast! Great post, Denise! I am anxious to catch the movie.

K M F said...

Great great

Miss_Yves said...

Iam joining ABC wednesday -thanks to HPY-and I have many things to discover !
I have quickly choosen a photo of my cat afraid on the apple-tree .
Miss Yves

david mcmahon said...

Wow, Denise, the second round is attracting everyone! Great concept, as I've always said.

My post is up ....

Pete M said...

Great post and glad its started again, hoorah

Andrea said...

Good one and good post.

I did not start ABC Wednesday until mid way through so I am excited to get to start all over again.

Flassie's Fil'a said...

I'll check the books out!

I am going to get in on the
fun this time round.

Have a Happy Blessed
Creative Year!!!

Sandy Kessler said...

fantastic movie

AVCr8teur said...

Congratulations on another go around. I don't know anyone that arranges photos during a bath, but that does sound relaxing. I have not seen Atonement. Did you see it?

Katney said...

I'd like to join you in ABC Wednesday and have posted my "A" photos. I tried to create a link to you, but Blogger was not cooperating. I will try again in an edit. Finding something spontaneous for each letter is a great challenge. I'm trying something different and hope it will work for me as well as the spontaneity works for you.

Leslie: said...

Hi Denise, I like this idea so I signed up. I'll have to now think of something to post. And I'll be back! Feel free to come on over to my place.

Anonymous said...

Well I know I am running late but it is still Wednesday where I am at.

Liz Hinds said...

I came here from Leslie in Vancouver. I like the idea of abc picture but what do you mean about the sky photo?

I enjoyed the book of Atonement but felt let down by the ending. I shall definitely look for the book you recommend: you've made it sound brillinat!

Chris said...

Oops.. nearly forgot this bit. Think I've got it sussed now.

Really like your post. Love Ian McEwan.

Happy Thursday!!

KaiBlue said...

teehee Denise, You'll have to scroll forever to find this comment in the sea of fans you have..
It's wonderful..
PEace n hugs, Kai xx

Leslie: said...

Thanks for the lovely welcome, Denise. I got the book for Christmas this year and am anxious to get started reading it. And see the movie.

bonnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bonnie said...

oh and I can't wait to read the book. I did not like On Chesil Beach. I'm a prude.

Anonymous said...

You have a very nice blog, good post...keep up the good job

VP said...

Hi Denise!

Did you see the BBC national news yesterday? I didn't realise that my first ABC contained a news scoop!

B won't be quite as sensational, newswise I'm afraid, but I hope you'll still like it!

gma said...

Hi Denise...I am late since it's Friday...but we are still on A so I want to participate.
Plan on seeing the movie Atonement soon!
xx

Dawn said...

I've missed your beautiful blog! Sorry to be away for so long.

Just saw Atonement yesterday. The scene that your friend was an extra in was amazing! The movie was heartbreakingly beautiful and well worth seeing. Please forgive my non-conforming to your ABC rules. :-)

Pernille said...

Just joined the ABC Wedensday and I can't wait to photograph the letters :)

Pillan

Diana S said...

I know you've already completed up to 'D'. Is it too late to join ABC photograph Wednesday? Sign me up if it's ok. I start up with 'E'