16.3.09
Monday Monday!
Monochrome....Jon, Moi and Humber Bridge!
My odd shot Monday was taken yesterday under the Humber Bridge. We made the most of the good weather and had a bike ride out with our friends Jon and Trish. It was a good opportunity for John to try out his new motorbike, a Yamaha Fazer! When I was taking the pictures I did try to position the bridge so it appeared to come out of heads! Always fun!
On our way back home John had to make a quick exit from the motorway and John and Trish missed it, hence the photo of Jon waiting on the bench, then John and Trish pulling up on their bike.
As usual we had a good day. We are going to France with John and Trish in September on a biking adventure. I am sure there will be fun to be had by all!
To visit more Monday Monochrome or Oddshot, follow the links on my sidebar!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





12 comments:
Okay, so make me envious.
Love the photographs not least because I love the Humber bridge. As a kid we used to go across the Humber from New Holland to Hull on a ferry for the day - now you can be over it in seconds. Also I love the Humber because our little humble beck in the fields flows into the Swale, then the Ouse, then the Humber and out into the North sea - must make a paper boat and then nip down to the bridge to see if I can see it go under!
The bridge seems so narrow. We've driven over it once when we were on holiday in Great Britain. It is quite an impressive bridge.
Hubby would go to France on his bike in a flash....
But! I don't ride pillion :-)
We went to Huntstanton yesterday and the bikers were out in force...
I bet there was about 500+ bikes all shapes and sizes...
It was a lovely spring day.
Nice lines in B&W version. The Humber bridge is a good subject for Monochrome.
That's an awesome headpiece you're wearing. LOL! Good choice for Odd Shot Monday.
Have a wonderful time in France! Lucky you!
You and John on a MC can hardly be called Odd :-)
But him alone on a bench might qualify...
Loved the bridge in B & W!
PS I have a son in York right now - wish it was me.
I envy your good spring weather. It keeps taunting us here. I was all set to do some gardening yestarday when the wind came up. It blew and blew and blew. In one area it closed the road because of dust reducing visibility to zero.
Have you ever visited Seahouses in Northumberland? It's a biker's gathering place and especially at weekends it always overrun by motorbikes.
CJ xx
What a nice afternoon you had .. good shots all
Looks like a great day especially with a new motorcycle...
That bench looks so English! Must be the lack of snow and the sight of green grass....
Post a Comment