How to participate in ABC Wednesday.
1. Post your V picture on your blog.
2. Come to my blog and sign in on Mr. Linky
3. Enjoy the beautiful V pictures of the other bloggers.
Please do not sign your name on Mr. Linky unless you have a V picture posted on your blog
Please leave a comment here and a link back to this blog.
Appologies for being early but I am doing this whilst we have electricity.
Basically, last night as we were watching the TV there was an almighty "BANG" from the main fuse box, located under the stairs. Ideal place for a right-angled, swivel-necked dwarf, but not to accessible for a six foot husband by the name of Jon!
Fortunately, the central heating pump (summer?????) was working and we spent the night listening to our wind-up solar powered radio!
This morning, early inspection showed the damage and now we have to replace the fuse box.....
thank goodness the engineer is here!
Sorry..........I was rambling....back to the plot!
V is for......
Vincent!
On the Tuesday of our Isle of Man visit...(did I mention we have been to the TT Races???? LOL!) we were onour way to the Mountain when the road was shut. (See post with the Irish lads with the duck!)
As we were driving along the few roads which were open, (3 accidents within a couple of hours) it was fortunate we were in the company of our pal Andy from home. Being a frequent visitor to the TT week, he knew of places to go.......
so we found ourself at a Motorcycle Museum.
The minute I set eyes on the collection of Vincent Motorcyles I knew this would form my V post. Not only could I ramble on some more about the Isle of Man, it was also a subject I thought nobody else would cover.....we'll see!
The 1954 Series C Comet can almost be said to represent the ultimate stage in the development of the production 500cc model. Its successor, the series D was certainly designed, but the decision to cease motorcycle profduction in 1955 meant that officially, only one D Comet was built although a few more were built up from spares during 1956. The Comet made its post-war reappearance in 1948 and many of the components were common to the Rapide. The frame and forks were near enough identical and the engine being virtually half a Rapide, also iused a high prooprtion of common parts.
To read about the fascinating history of the Vincent Motorcycles and their success at the TT races see here.
ABC Wednesday is now coming to the more challenging letters of the alphabet, so much fun searching and thinking as we come next to W, X, Y and Z! I wonder what people will use? It never ceases to amaze me!
We will shortly be starting ABC Wednesday Round 3.
Ooooooooooooooooooooooh!
Watch this space!
UPDATE...
NEW FUSE BOX WILL BE FITTED TOMORROW (WEDNESDAY) SO PLEASE UNDERSTAND IF I DON'T GET TO VISIT YOU TOMORROW....I WILL GET ROUND TO VISIT YOU ALL, ELECTRICITY SUPPLY PERMITTING!
Oh and here is a Velocette for a blogger near you!
Thanks so much for posting the Vincent




82 comments:
Will still wait some hours before posting my V. (almpst ready)
But I dont thing the world will be sorry to learn more about Wergeland even if he wrote his name with W.
:-)
Sorry to hear about the fuse problem. I would never have dared trying to change such a thing myself (wouldn't have been allowed to either) - you are lucky to have an engineer in the house!
I just new that your post this time also had to be about MCs, but I hadn't imagine a whole museum of them. They might have called it The Vintage Vincents! :-)
Whenever I see bikes like this I think of a classic British movie starring George Formby!!
Good luck with the fuse box!!!
Gary
wow..you still on the way. Hope everything ok with your fuse box or something...
My ABC in here Thanks
happy Wednesday!
You and your motorcycles!!LoL
I have also some cycles today but only some without motors.......
They are really fine your Vincents!!
That must have been fun! (Not!!).
Great motorcycle history! And I'm desperately scouring my archive for a good "V". See you tomorrow with it!
Cheers, Klaus
Sorry Denise!
I didn´t mean that it´s boring with your motorcycles.I´m sorry! I often said so in Swedish -you and your (for exampel)dog, car....about something someone likes a a lot!!It can be so wrong when I translate it on my own way. Sorry, hope I´m not banned now...
hi denise,
nice wednesday blog, and great vshots. vincent WHO? haha, your question 'when to mett might be a bit diffy because i cannot drive 'my arm is still in a mitella' but maybe another time?i am looking forewards to meet someday,
greetings joann
I'm so excited that I'll be able to start at the beginning of an ABC run of the alphabet. I forget what letter was my first go. I'll have to check. I've got W already but X Y and Z ugh :0)
So nice there's a motorcyle line called Vincent!
I am sorry to read that your fuses were blown. V is for visits where ever you go!! I hope they are going to be very pleasant! The Vincent you show us on the photo is marvellous!
Very good V-choice! Museums are Very interesting.
Have a nice day.
lots of early birds here - mine go live tomorrow morning - probably be 100 on linky by then - don't think I'll continue with ABC after Z - at least not across all four blogs. I might keep one in or just join sporadically when something appropriate turns up. One of mine this week has motorbikes! Not Vincents nor Vespas though.
Do hope you get the electrics fixed.
hey denise,
jus came back to look at the tt-adress, i love this motor!! have fun you, i made my v with 1 hand VERY slow ehhhh.
joann is greeting you!
Interesting reading your blog and great photos of bikes.
Mines up too.
Keep the images flowing - we were in that museum on our trip too.
Cripes, bangs under the stairs, scary stuff. Hope you get electric back soon!!!
"Louis la Vache's Visions of Hell will be up at 00:01 Paris time!
Mrs. Nesbitt - re your comment about the reversible seat covers, "Louis" wishes he had revesible covers - he'd like to turn his weathered side in.....
Ah, the famous Noddy Bike - which actually made a joke of a very innovative design that deserved greater success.
My dream was the 350.
Beautiful! That museum is a mouth-watering place - gleaming and ... Oooo!
My V is here
Good luck with your fuse box. That could have been quite nasty.
Interesting!
Happy Wednesday:o)
Interesting post today, Denise. And I agree that I've been wondering what people will come up with for these more difficult letters. I don't think anyone else will do what I've done for the letter V, though. So come on by to check it out - actually, yesterday's post fits with the letter, too, as you'll see. Good luck getting the fuse box fixed. :D
Off the laptop all day. Those rabbits never did appear. The museum is a marvellous place and sadly another place due to close. Another wonderful
I.O.M round up.
Mine will be up after midnight so i'll add to mr linky later.
Hi Denise,
Let me see - was that the Vincent that inspired Elton John's song? Maybe not ....
Is the atmosphere electric in your home again ? !!!!!
Great motorcycle history and very nice V photos, Denise!
I am in suspense about your new fuse box...
Hope it is going OK!
Love your post today. Hope your fuse is fixt no?Have a nice day!
My Uncle owns a Vincent motorcycle, I didn't think to take a photo! I will one day just for you.
I hope the electricity is sorted out soon.
Sorry my ignorance is showing, but I never heard of a Vincient. Thanks for all the information. Its quite interesting.
Sorry to hear about the lack of electricity . Hope your engineer can get it fixed soon.
Mines up now (early but I won't be home a good part of Wednesday)
I had never heard of Vincent motorcycles. Now I know. Thanks!
My Israel Vs are up.
Great V's.
Hope the fuse box turns out as well as the photos and writeup.
Really nice job.
Our Victim is verifible,
as well as the other V.
Come Visit,
Troy and Martha
Thank you for the e-mail and your diligence in posting before hand. You go above and beyond duty! Those are beautiful vintage motorcycles. It was a pleasure to view them!
Omigosh, I would love to go to the Isle of Man. You're SO lucky!
And where did you find that exquisite seagull on your masthead? Beautiful!
Aloha Denise!! Love the bikes.. check this out.. I'll take pickies..lol
http://www.motorcyclemuseum.org/
PEace, Kai xx
A very impressive collection of vintage motor bikes.
Thanks for taking care of us, Mrs. Nesbitt!
The things I learn in blogland! nice "V"! mine is up here
My second ABC post is up. I seem to choose which letters I like:)
Thanks for hosting us!
There was an Odd Shot post this week with a "herd" of Vespas. To me a motorcycle is a motorcycle, but I am careful what I say to my teaher friend (a single woman of my age) who rides a Harley.
I have some Vs that I found...
You know where I found them.
I had never heard of Vincent motor bikes, before looking at your blog, so thanks for opening my eyes. Do you have your idea for X yet? I DO!!
Good luck with the fuse repair!
Through your posts I've learned more about motorcycles than I thought possible!
Great V choice -- doubt anyone else will have it. I might have one that no one else has thought of also. . .
Cracking piccies and fantastic bikes. Keep up the good work.
Have a nice Wednesday !
Miss Yves
A man's paradise, wow, I'm impressed, cool bikes..I mean, that's a collection for sure! How long in the making?
Today V is for vases....at my place...
Cool classic bikes. The only reason I've heard of the Vincent is because of the Del McCoury Band's bluegrass hit - 1952 Vincent Black Lightning.
Hope you get your fuse box problems sorted out. Sounds expensive. :-0
If this trend continues, I'll have to start getting out of bed earlier than before ... :)
Anyway, this week V means Viapori
, which is nowdays better known as Suomenlinna.
Vintage Vincents! Great tour of impressive machines.
Did you enjoy yourself then?!
Well my four are now up and added to mr linky - hope your fusebox is sorted - I somehow lost half a tooth in the night so will be ringing the dentist and hoping to get an emergency appointment.
Sorry about your power problems, hope it is not too expensive to fix.
Lots of interesting looking old bikes there. We were driving on Sunday and there were lots of bikes on the road, must be summer, one group of maybe 100 bikes passed by in convoy, we also have a lot of three wheel bikes here.
The power problems are happening on this side of the pond as well. Here's to a problem-free remainder of the summer! As always, I am enjoying your adventure photos!
I never knew that there were Vincent motorcycles.
Hope you get your fuse box fixed properly.
Happy ABC Wednesday
vonderful wednesday to all
and we need mor viaducts, for sure
I'm here, I'm here!
Love the old-timer motorcycles and hope your fuse box problems are a thing of the past!
Beautiful bikes -- the Vincent looks like a real fire-breathing work of art. Looks like you had a great time...
Best regards, Don.
I hope by now your electricity issues are resolved ...
My V is for Venice and it Visitors
:-Daryl
I'm glad the fuse box will be fixed. I always enjoy reading your posts. :)
Great post, Denise! Hope your electricity is all set now!
Very beautiful V today thanks so much for sharing
Oooo I love the look of those old bikes!!
Mine's up.
Good luck with the fuse box!
Great V Mrs N! Love those old bikes.
Mine's up.
Hi Mrs. N
Good V shots!
Mine is up. I couldn't post all the pictures I'd planned because Blogger wouldn't load them. I wonder if it is me or if anyone else has had a problem today?
Hope your fuse box is sorted.
How are you doing this Wednesday?
I love your bike.
Have a nice day : )
I do hope you have the new fuse box up and running. Have a good day.
Hi Mrs. Nesbitt. I recently came across a Nesbitt cola sign! I can email it to you if you'd like to see it. Just let me know. My V is up now.
I like classic bikes better than more modern ones but still I would be scared to ride one.
Pretty bikes :) Thank you for visiting my blog :) Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Hello, Mrs. Nesbitt. I enjoy your blogs, and appreciate that you took the time to visit mine. Thanks, also, for creating Alphabet Wednesday!
I learn so many new things here. I've never heard of a Vincent motorcycle before. You are right, the alphabet is getting a little challenging here at the end, but I picked vegetables from my floating garden. -- Margy
I have never heard of Vincent motorcycles either! My post is half finished..leaving the readers in suspense as my internet provider and router, etc. have been haywire today..off and on service...ugh!! Hope your fuse box is fixed soon!
my photo of violins is on my blog now...I was only a half hour late!
I've missed another Alphabet Wednesday - all this wedding planning is taking a toll on my play time. I hope to join everyone next week on 'W'. thanks for stopping by Mrs. Nesbitt. how perfect that you found Victory bikes for 'V' day !! good luck with you fuse box.
I'd never heard of a Vincent motorcycle. It's good to learn every day. Thanks for a great post.
Oooh I hate problems with electricity it terrifies me!
Great photos Denise.
I just added to the list although it has been up since midnight Wednesday. It was on a scheduled post and I was in hospital so couldn't sign in. (I'm ok now).
Great V post. I never knew there was a Vincent bike. Please pop in and see mine if you have time. Glad you enjoyed the TT.
Now, as I wander about catching up some V posts that I didn't view yesterday (admittedly there are quite a few) let me say that I am seriously disappointed in us--IN US--IN US BLOGGERS! Ninety-six people signed the Mr. Linky and there are 76 comments and several people stopped by to comment a second time to make an addition! What is wrong with us?
I came back and noticed this as I was coming back to gather more URLs to browse and to comment that some of the blogs--and not the ones who posted late--have fewer than a dozen comments.
I don't blog to get comments--well, it's nice, but not really the purpose. And I don't usually get around to all the ABC blogs every week, and once in a while when I do stop by I wander off again without a word, but it looks to me like we could give each other a bit more encouragement here.
Oooh, next week I will be the guilty one as I will be traveling, but in future, I think I will do my commenting from the comments instead of from the Mr. Linky--maybe traveling from commenter here to commenter on the next blog and so forth to support those who support.
Okay, my rant is over and I will get down from my soapbox.
Love the bikes and thanks for the comments on my blog, I know I am a bit late this being Saturday but it takes me time to work out how to link to different blogs.
Brian
Hope your domestic crisis is remedied.
Life without electricity certainly puts a crimp in my style!
Nice V!
Nice "V" post. I did not get my "V" in this week. I was not feeling well. Hopefully I will join you this coming Wednesday with my "W" post.
ABC Wednesday sounds terrific. If I can get my new blog on Birmingham Daily Photo figured out I will venture out to yours and participate! I look forward to see what everyone contributes each week. Thanks so much!
I fell of my motorbike when I was 21. Just had a knee op these things can come back yo haunt you
Post a Comment