View from our drive,
looking over the fields.
One winter, 2005!
Winter Sky
The winter sky hung so delicately above the barren trees,
all frosty and frothy, like foam on a strawberry soda,
Snow was soon to be here.
At last, delicate flakes came to cover the ground
- a perfect picture for the Christmas season.
What beauty God lays before us.
How wonderful are His works.
He paints with grace and elegance, perfection in every stroke.
Judith DeLaHunt
Well here we are, the last day of November.
Tomorrow we will see December and the countdown to Christmas.
On Sunday we will have the first of our advent Sunday's in Church.
St. Michael's is a lovely, peaceful church.
I will share the service and the subsequent ones leading up to Christmas Day.
There will also be the Village Carol Service at the local inn.
This will be led by the Bishop of Whitby.
We know the Bishop well, last year he wrote a special message for my blog.
You can read it here.
By the time you will be reading this, I will be on my way to York, to meet up with Julie!
Ooooooooooooooooooooooh!
Watch this space!

25 comments:
Beautiful photo! :)
Looks like a Christmas card! :)))
That looks like an old church, where is it?
I posted ABC letter S on all three of my blogs, I have Letter T in mind but letter U will be a challenge
St Michael's is just the church that would attract me to come inside and enjoy the advent services.
Love the photo of the church. And your drive looks beautiful....just like a postcard.
oh my it's mesmerizing - no wonder you are so creative in such an idyllic place !!sandy ibeati
Beautiful! This will be my first week participating in Sky Watch Friday, and I'm very excited about it!
What a beautiful sky picture. And I love the picture of the church.
Looks like a gorgeous picture postcard! What a beautiful view your home provides you all. Enjoyed the poem also. Drop by and see mine.
Beautiful picture - looks like needlework. Or is it Photoshop?
Great frosty-snowy Sky photo.
NOW NO SHOPPING ALOUD11LOL.
Wonderful photos! As I live in a tropical country (Brazil) I love seeing snow's pictures!
Have a nice day.
Wonderful sky! That's a Christmas card in itself!
Your church is lovely and peaceful. What an evocative photo.
God bless.
Wow - Ida and I have the same idea....that would make a beautiful Christmas Card!!
Lovely church too!
That is one beautiful sky........
could be a Christams card.
X
Have a lovely time in York I used to live there for a few years, its a nice place, hope its warmer and dryer with you
Beautiful winter Sky, just like a Christmas card!
Ewww... December 1 already, it's creeping up fast! We have just returned from a month's holiday in Florida, ahhh... sunshine, beach and palm trees. Take me back there right now, all I have to look at here is SNOW! Yes, it has snowed already and the canadian weather authorities are saying it's going to be the coldest winter foir 15 years. I see you have been busy blogging while I have been gone, it will take me a while to catch up on all your pictures, poems and news.
Two beautiful pictures! The church looks really old.
I'll be "watching this space!" lol
I like your new December banner. You live in a living Christmas card.
Your church is so lovely. I would love to visit during Advent.
OOOOOOoooo, now who looks a perfect Christmas gnome in her hat!!!!hahaha.
SHHHHHHHHHHHHH your secret is safe with ME.
lovely pictures, as usual. Have a great trip! It must be a pleasure to come and go in the drive...it's beautiful
Love the photos. Have fun in york.
Ohhh how beautiful! Simply Stunning! Thanks for sharing with us! *HUGS*
Hi MrsN, Lovely photo of the church.It would Make a perfect post card,,,
I see what you mean, even though it is a blue sky, there is a soft wintery quality to it, very different to the sharp blue we get here.
Post a Comment