Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens,
bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens,
brown paper packages tied up with strings,
these are a few of my favorite things.
When the dog bites, when the bee stings,
when I'm feeling sad,
I simply remember my favorite things,
and then I don't feel so bad.
Yes yet another grey day here! I have had several attempts at going out with Wilma but we were greeted by rain every time, still hpefullu we will be going out later on!
The Apprentice Final last night.....AWESOME!
Congratulations to Simon!
See it here
I have been tagged by Ruth!
Ruth has tagged me for “8 Random Facts About Myself”.
The rules are as follows:
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own post about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
MY 8 RANDOM FACTS
1. My little finger on my left hand is bent.
This is a result of a fall in a netball match, teachers v. pupils, back in 1980.
It remained weak and lo and behold I dislocated it again about 8 years ago.
Quite simply it was knocked and jumped out of joint.
One day I will get it fixed, but know it will be painful!
2. My middle name is Elizabeth, after my nana who was Eizabeth Ellen, known as Dolly.
The family came over from Germany just at the beginning of the war.
Her father was a clockmaker. The name was Schumacer, so I may be related to Michael!
3. When I was 16 I worked as a nurse aid in a local hospital, now demolished.
I was based on the men's medical ward.
One job I had to do was to "prepare" the patients for surgery.
This meant shaving private areas with a razor!
4. I can play the spoons.
I find the older, soup spoons are the best.
5. I enjoy pease pudding .
I did not eat it for over 15 years following a school dinner episode when I was 7.
On a table of 6, I was the only one who liked it, so I swapped my dinner with the others on my table in return for their pease pudding.
I ate a whole plate full!
I wasn't very popular that afternoon!
6. I have evil thoughts about a former teacher, Mr. Pallister.
When I was 9 and not liking cheese pie or coconut pudding he made an example of me in front of the whole junior school, by forcing me to eat them both!
"People like me pay taxes so people like you can have free school meals!"
Were the kind words he said at the time.
Soon after my dinner I played skips and was sick.
I was so frightened I ran home to Auntie Dot.
I can picture her to this day, baking at the kitchen table.
She walked straight to the school, apron on, rolling pin in hand.
My family had a whip round and from then on I did not have a free school meal again, even though I was entitled to them.
7. I was banned from Weightwatchers in 1986.
I was in the meeting with my friend, we were chatting quietley. However the leader was not happy with this.
She turned and shouted "Would you like to share the secret of your success with the rest of the class Denise?" She bellowed!
"Before I came to Weightwatchers I would have a cooked breakfast, go to school and have tea and biscuits.
At playtime I would have more tea and biscuits.
Lunchtime I would have a school dinner.
Afternoon break, tea and biscuits.
Home for tea then out for a few drinks with friends, followed often by fish and chips.
Home for cocoa and a biscuit!"
I replied.
"And what now?"
She asked..
"I don't have a biscuit with my cocoa!"
Was my reply!
"Your attitude is not welcome here at Weightwatchers!"
Meanwhile she had been holding a bread roll up which she had poked her finger into...to show us how much starch was in the bun.
As we stood up my friend shouted..
"If you are going to abuse that roll I have it?"
We never went back, but I did loose 20lbs!
8. My favourite vegetable is sprouts.
I often eat a whole plate full.
Now for the tagging bit.....to the following eight...this is not compulsory,,,if you don't "do" tagging or you haven't the time......DON'T WORRY!
1. Adria
2. Sandi @ Whistestop Cafe
3. Radio girl
4. Compostwoman
5. Vallen
6. Annie
7. dot
8. Photowannabe

26 comments:
What a great 8! That Mr Pallister sounds a pain. And the story of Weightwatchers!!!...LOL I love netball, pease pudding and brussels too. My Grandad used to play the spoons...you should have entered Britains Got Talent...(which I didn't see last night because it clashed with The Apprentice)
These 8 random things are everywhere I look in blogland lately, but I have to say I think yours are the best I've read! I'm laughing out loud!!!!
Ruth, thanks...one day I will play the spoons for you!
Auntie noo....thanks so much.
Dxx
Wow, I'm flattered! I posted my list... that was fun... although mine are not as funny as yours, I don't think. Your Weight Watchers story is hilarious.
Thanks radiogirl! I have just read yours, gosh you have travelled some miles in your time!
ROFLMAO.. gosh denise, you're a fiesty little whatknot..lol.
I am still laughing at the shaving thing, it reminded me of our lunch date in Thirsk.. teehee..
PS, hows Ms Claire? any news?
Peace, Kai
Kai,
Funnily enough I have just posted an update on Violettes.
Claire is continuing to make progress and has been working with the physio.
Her husband sounded very nice!!!!!!
She will be in hospital certainly to the end of this month where she is getting intensive physio!
Dxx
Goodness gracious me, 8 random bits about me? I'll be posting them tomorrow.
"Pease porridge hot,pease porridge cold,
Pease porridge in the pot nine days old.
Some like it hot,some like it cold.
I like it in the pot, nine days old!'
My mom sang that to me all the time.
It was fun to read your tag!
Mahala
Annie, can't wait! Bey you will be having a good think now!
craftyhala, I know the song too........I always think of the story above!
LOL!
Dx
Denise it was so nice getting to know you a little more. You had me on the floor laughing at # 7 - being kicked out of weight watchers!
Denise, you are so funny! I love yur eight random things. I'll get busy on mine soon.
You have me craving tea and biscuits! ;)
ps... love the new look!
Ha ha ha ....That weight watchers incident pretty funny....shaving certain geographical regions...ewww
palying the spoons....pretty cool denise.
it is raining here too - but I am not complaining at all - we need it badly. However,further north from my home, people have lost their lives and homes ....very sad
by the way - I added you to the celebrant list on my croning ceremony - hope that is ok?
LOL What a great post! I love the weightwatchers point, excellent! :o)
Wow, I love the photo of the rose! I am still gawking!! =O
Love it your 8 random facts...and it made the rain sounds not too bad...afterall ehhh? (Btwn it's raining now in Dublin :()
The weightwatchers story is my fav...hilarious!!!
The Weightwatchers fact does seem to be the most popular! LOL!
The perfume from that rose almost comes through the computer....wonderful.
Ha! Are you sure Mr Pallister wasn't related to that Weightwatchers woman.... they both graduated from the same school of humiliation if you ask me!
cabacurl, Thanks...I have been experimenting with croping!
ex-shammickite..never thought of that, but can see true links! LOL!
Thanks, mrsnesbitt, for inviting me to post my "8 Random Facts" here.
1. I was born a week late, on my nana's birthday.
2. I injured my hip while jumping a hurdle in track during 7th grade gym class and was a Shriners Hospital patient for 5 years. (I'm fine now.)
3. I played Cosette in my high school's production of Les Miserables.
4. I've been a vegetarian since I read Charlotte's Web at age 7.
5. My dream role in a Broadway musical is Christine from Phantom of the Opera.
6. I baked yummy blueberry muffins yesterday.
7. I am addicted to Grey's Anatomy.
8. I love Harry Potter.
Adria, how random & so interesting! Have you seen the Harry Potter films? The old steam trains used are infact from my area and the train station is infact Grosmont Station. I will find in the Bike Adventures and show you!
Watch this space! LOL!
Dx
Lucky duck! Or is that "goose"? ;)
Yes, I've seen the films. Love them, and the books. I'm eagerly waiting for the 7th book.
Post a Comment