8.7.08

y OH y?

Welcome to ABC Wednesday!

How to participate in ABC Wednesday.

1. Post your Y picture on your blog.
2. Come to my blog and sign in on Mr. Linky
3. Enjoy the beautiful Y pictures of the other bloggers.
Do try to leave a comment, it doesn't have to be on Wednesday, but do try to let them know you have visited.
Please do not sign your name on Mr. Linky unless you have a Y picture posted on your blog

Please leave a comment here and a link back to this blog.

Y is for....yachts!

About 3 miles up the road from our village is the Scaling Dam Saling Club.
I enjoy looking at the boats there, so I decided to get some inspiration for ABC Wednesday whilst taking Wilma for a walk.

I loaded my pictures into Picassa and used the basic tools to play around!







Posted by Picasa



Sailing by Linda Ann Nickerson can be read on her blog, here




My basic Samsung Camera has been an absolute gem. I love taking it wherever I go. I must admit I often feel in awe of some of the photographs which are posted in ABC Wednesday. So many have the technical ability and equipment to put mine in the shadows, so I was particularly touched to receive this photography award a couple of weeks ago.Thankyou Ibeati



I know there are rules with awards but in this case I want to give this award to everybody who is participating in ABC Wednesday. The day is so much fun. We learn so much and in some cases have our inventing skills put to the test, but we always triumph! With flying colours.




This award too, is appropriate to share today. Some of us post words which add an insight or a story to our pictures, again such wonderful reading for a Wednesday. Thank you again, I Beati!



Creativity is the name of the game. Thank you JoAnn.
During each Wednesday I am always truly inspired by the creative posts...each one of you all adds something unique. Again, please take this award passed from moi!

I can not pick just a small number. As always, these awards are for all of you to share.
You may want to share them with others, that is entirely up to you.



80 comments:

Reader Wil said...

That was a difficult one eh? Well Denese you have arrived in Holland in IJmuiden, the IJ is or was the second last letter in the Dutch alphabet.

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Well DENISE,
I a honored to nominate YOU!
I give you my compliments and first CONGRATULATIONS for the well deserved "AWARD ArtY Pico 2008", for your always creative photography and text,Butr also because you created this ABC WEDNESDAY.Thank you Denise :),

See my Y ,
with greetings from JoAnn /Holland

EG CameraGirl said...

Oh, I'd LOVE to own a yacht. Maybe in my next life, LOL

Congrats on your awad, Denise. Very nice. You deserve it! ;-)

Unknown said...

Well done Denise - well deserved award to add to your mantlepiece!!

Lovely yachts too.

Gary
Bodge's Bulletin

Unknown said...

Congrats Denise well done

Rune Eide said...

I wish I had a yacht - if I had been able to sail it... My aquanautical skills stretches to rowing a standard, small Norwegian boat whwn I was a boy.

I hope you will appreciate my contribution today...

Texas Travelers said...

Congratulations on the award.
Nice job with Y.
I like the mosquito poem.
Very appropriate.

Y is off to a good start.
Come visit our "Y's",
Troy and Martha

Gerald (Ackworth born) said...

Yachts was something I was considering but on investigation the ones I had in mind turned out to be something else.

I'm only doing 3 Ys this week and not cross-linking them. The first is up now.

kjpweb said...

I'm with you - actually even twice - a European and American edition to have both timezones covered! ;)
Great pictures again on your End!
Cheers, Klaus

Gordon said...

My Y is a boat, but not a yacht. I considered yacht too; mine - maybe next round. I love your poem - alas, all too often I have been one of those boats astern at the end.

Juliana said...

congrat for ur awards...and great Y pics

Mine in here. Thanks

Juliana RW said...

very nice yachts...

Visit mine also in here Thanks

CherryPie said...

Congratulations :-)

I love the sky in those shots!

Dina said...

Mazal tov on your awards. Thanks for passing them on to our ABC Wednesday community. You are very generous.

Michele said...

Special congratulations to YOU... You so deserve it! You really do!!
Mountain Retreat Photos

Gerald (SK14) said...

My second Y is up and links back to last week's X

Leslie: said...

One thing I did for today refers to "yachts" - in a way. Come on over to see! ;D

Gemma Mira Wiseman aka Pamela Adams said...

Your yachts are terrific! I so love these graceful boats! Not that I have sailed in one!

I felt so good when I read your comment about your Samsung camera. I have only just bought mine, a very basic one, and already I am amazed at what it can do. I still have to master distance shots! Sometimes they work and sometimes not. I'm not sure what I'm doing that makes the difference.

Congrats on your award!

ellen b. said...

I've got some yachts, too. I love the photos and the poem about sailing. have a wonderful week

Anonymous said...

I put my up before looking at yours and look what the tide brought - and Y not.

Barbara said...

Well done on your awards, Y was not easy come and see what I chose.

Anonymous said...

I love the rag motors and the poem, and Congratulations!

Louis la Vache said...

OK, kids! "Louis" is Yelling for you to stop by!

"Louis" is still buried up past his cowbell in work, so he'll stop by your sites, but won't stay long enough to sign your 'guest registries.'

Jane said...

Conrats Denise and I love your yacht pics too.

mannanan said...

Like you I chose Yachy as I couldn't think of anything else. Great pics. Thanks for posting and hosting.

Cath said...

What great shots of those yachts! Quite unusual angles and lighting - great stuff. Love the poem too.

Congratulations on the awards - well deserved - and thank you so much for passing them on. They will go on my sidebar with pride.

Cath said...

Denise - I took the liberty of signing David in because I know his is up and as many of us know, he can't access a computer so won't be signing in. It would be shame for any newbies to miss out on that blog.

I hope I have not overstepped the boundaries there. Sorry if I have.
I keep forgetting to say to you many thanks for hosting this and for thinking of it. It is great fun and stretches the mind re photography.

Jane Hards Photography said...

We seem to have received the smae award. Congratulations. Lovely yachts. I couldn't decide on my yachts so I went for a yellow narcissus instead. I would love to sail on a yacht to Nice right now. Anyone form your images would be nice if you could arrange that ha! ha!

RamblingWoods2.com said...

Lovely photos..

Paulie said...

Beautiful shots of those YACHTS! Love the sky backgrounds and the little creatures in the last one with the dock. Come and see mine.

Thanks for the awards. Ü I signed in early for ABC Wed. so I can finish catching up on my blog visiting from yesterday when allergies had me down most of the day. Hope to get to many from here also.

That mosquito poem is very appropriate now.

Andrea said...

Congratulations on your award.

Please check out my "Y" I think you will like it.

nonizamboni said...

Lovely photos, Denise. Thanks for hosting and congrats on your awards!

kRiZcPEc said...

Yeeha! 43rd on the list, how nice it would be to spend a day on a yacht; I would look at them and daydream myself on a yacht, lol.

Alan said...

What? Be still my soul! No motorcycles! Haha. :) I prefer the yachts, myself - more my speed. Nothing quite like sailing.

nina at Nature Remains. said...

Beautiful sails!

DigitalShutterMania said...

Wonderful yachts and Congratulations ; )

Stacey Olson said...

Beautiful awards. so nice of you to nominate everyone...I just love ABC Wednesday.. hate to see it ending soon.

Rose said...

Beautiful yachts! You and your camera do a great job. I'm ready to go sailing!

Bear Naked said...

Lovely poem.
Oh wouldn't it be nice to sail away on a yacht?
Thanks for ABC Wednesday.
I am really enjoying it.
Are you going to do it again after we finish Z next week?
I hope so because I already have ideas for A and B.

Bear

abb said...

I'm here! And your ~Yacht~ is a perfect entry!

Thanks for thinking this up!

Lynette said...

Love this ABC Wednesday idea! And your photos are great. I went with yellow again, combined with a bit of poetry. It was fun!

Portland Oregon Daily Photo

photowannabe said...

This is the perfect post for the letter Y. I never thought of yachets.
Congratulations on your well deserved awards.

Katney said...

It msut be terribly fun in the season. There are a lot of such pleasure boats around Seattle. My Y is a big meager in comparison to some of my letters. I am sure that will be a relief to many.

Rena said...

I'd love to take a ride in one of those yachts.
You have a gorgeous view outside your study window!

Outhouse Capital of Canada said...

I am a Landlubber, no yacht in my dreams. My Y is up, I dont know Y but it is.

VP said...

Wot no bike! ;)

You are having fun with your camera and Picasa Denise. I love sailing, so this bought back happy memories of good times.

Thanks too for sharing your awards with us today :)

M equals PixieKatten said...

Great poem and fantastic pictures! I love the sea and boats! :) Congrats to the award!

Marlow Traore said...

"Y" is for Yearning.....

see more

Happy ABC Day

Miss_Yves said...

Beautiful pictures of Yachts...even under a grey and cloudy sky!!!
Next week, I'll be on holidays-far away ...without my computer- so I've also posted to day my "Z" pictures ...
I'was very happy to play with you this year, it's a great idea,( and a big job to organize this)
It was very cool to watch the world according to the alphabet, and to imagine what the other players realized .
Thank you very much !
Miss Yves

Dragonstar said...

Lovely shots Denise. These are full of summer. I particularly like that last one.

Congrats on your well-deserved awards.

ArneA said...

I say any camera will do as long as you always can carry it in your pocket

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Heh Denise,
YES! The Y!
I just came back to see HOW manay people signed in, I notidced that your music in the side bar is also my taste, who ( 5 persons) are you gonna give this award? hahaha I understand its difficult for you, but thats ok,
one to Wilma/ the dog?
One to the Motor?

Next 3 are for you to choose, just kidding you! :) JoAnn

Anonymous said...

Yachts were excellent choice for Y.
I probably would have selected same, if I would have given this letter little bit thought. At the end, I decided to go for Young.

Elizabeth said...

Wonderfully English countryside behind your yachts.
I'm afraid Yellow is not very original but was fun to look for.
This alphabet Wednesday is really taking off!

AphotoAday said...

Love your photo at the top with the rain drops on the glass -- a very meaningful photograph, indeed...
Keep up the great work, and thanks for bringing us ABC Wednesday!

Mrs Mac said...

Hullo!!!!

I did 'yellow'. I bet lots of people did! LOL!

Nice yachts!!!!

:^)

Unknown said...

Congrats on your awards. You deserve them all.

Lovely yacht photos. I love photos of boats, ships and yachts on the sea.

Daryl said...

Denise I have long held the belief that its not so much the camera as the person who is looking through it .. its your eye that sees and composes ... maybe if you are doing something that calls for a longer lens or a tighter shot or a wider view you can say the shot was due to the camera .. but .. a good photo is like beauty, its in the eye of the beholder (in this case the camera holder!)

:-Daryl

Anonymous said...

Nice yachts! :-)

Neva said...

Hi Denise! Missed you guys last week! I like your choice.....they do get difficult at the end don't they?
Mine is up here and here.

kml said...

You have a beautiful spot not far from your home. Great pics!

Christine said...

I've been out of town longer than I thought- I just posted a W! I once worked on a remodel of a yacht, as an interior designer- it was a very fun project. We had a very traditional Nautical theme- with golds and blues. Fun project!- LOVE your photos!

Anonymous said...

I used the same Y word. Your pictures are prettier though!

Happy Wednesday!

Nydia said...

Sleeping yatchs! LOL They look like taking a nap under their ble blankets. I bet Wilma loved her walk!
Such awesome award you won, Denise, congratulations, it's really well deserved; and you're very sweet to offer the other beautiful ones for all of us from the ABC fun.
Kisses from Nydia.

Brian said...

Had to wait for the wind to drop to take my photo today here in the North East of England, however I am glad I did, thank goodness for the colour or color yellow in flowers. And they cost a lot less than a yacht to keep.

Well done on your award, may you get lots more.

Brian

Kyanite said...

Loved the different sky effects on the yachts photo.

All your awards are well deserved - how generous to pass them on so feely!

Love
Blue

Tom said...

Hi Denise
I always enjoy coming across the ABC posts on the blogs I visit.. alas I have yet to join in..

I came by to say thanks for your comments on the water mill post.. and the message about my friends blog.. if I leave it like this http://johns-jaunts.blogspot.com/ and hope it works.

Jerez / Sherry /Eve2.0 said...

yacht, perfect, and perfect weather for yachting...I chose yakata this week.. even tho I got in a bit late!!!

zetor said...

Congratulations on your award, well deserved.
This week was hard till I checked the fridge!

Louis la Vache said...

"Louis" likes the new masthead photo!

He is also looking for a more agreeable Editor. If you know of one, "Louis" would appreciate the referral.

(Editor to "Louis": You can't fire me - I quit!
"Louis" to Editor: That's the best news I've had so far this year!

Unknown said...

Great job as always, Denise! Congrats on the award. You deserve it.

Digital Polaroids said...

Wonderful Letter!
Yellow everywhere, Yes, Yummy, Yachts... I really enjoy watching most of the posts!
Thanks again for your great idea Mrs Nesbitts!

raf said...

Seems we were on the same page today, Mrs. N....just coming at it from different directions. Lovely post of images and verse. Many thanks for all you do with hosting mrsnesbitt's place! Congrats too, on the well deserved awards!

esnorway said...

nice shoots

Annie said...

Well, I know it is a little late, but I finally got my Y picture posted! Hope you like it! Annie

Larry D said...

Great photos, thanks for hosting!

Coastal BC Stories Books said...

A day late, but finally here. I love the yachts with the stormy skies in the background. I chose Y is for yarn and a latch hook rug I recently finished. I invite you to come see. -- Margy

naturglede/Randi Lind said...

Love your boatpictures. Have a nice ABC!

LA Nickers said...

Lovely blog entry. I am honored that you enjoyed my poem.

However, this poem is my own copyrighted material, and it is illegal to publish original work without the author's permission.

Although you are welcome to provide a link to the original work, I must ask you to remove the poem from your blog.

I am currently pursuing publication of a collection of my works, and publishers do tend to limit the number of previous appearances of poems.

If you wish to list my poem (by title) and offer a URL link to the original work, you are welcome to do so.

Thanks for understanding!

Linda Ann Nickerson
http://www.helium.com/items/311039-poetry-sailing

mrsnesbitt said...

Hi Linda, have done so.
Appologies for any upset.

Dx