How to participate in ABC Wednesday.
1. Post your Z picture on your blog.
2. Come to my blog and sign in on Mr. Linky
3. Enjoy the beautiful Z pictures of the other bloggers.
Do try to leave a comment, it doesn't have to be on Wednesday, but do try to let them know you have visited.
Please do not sign your name on Mr. Linky unless you have a Z picture posted on your blog
Please leave a comment here and a link back to this blog.
Z is for......

I do not know what possessed me last week, to post yachts. It was nothing to do with my motorbike focus, as a few comments agreed. Wilma did post a yamaha so I will have to go along with her...however it still niggles me.
When we arrived in Holland on Friday 27th June, on our way to Assen we stopped for a map check and look what I found! LOL!

Jon pulled into the lay-by on the bike and as we walked back to the bike it was waiting for me!
Straight away I knew it was perfect for my Z post here on ABC Wednesday, and what made it even more appropriate was the bike featured!

It has been great fun, and a challenge trying to find bike related posts each week but I have really enjoyed the challenge. I have shared bits of the technical stuff that is part and parcel of biking, but on a very basic level as that is the only level I understand! lol!
As we approach the end of another round it is exactly a whole year ago since I started off ABC Wednesday. It is great to see some of the original participants still with us. I love receiving the comments from people saying that when they are out and about with their cameras they think of ABC Wednesday! It has become an institution. Yes I know some will drop out due to other commitments like life lol but the door is always open, should you choose to find something appropriate you want to share. You always know where we are up to, next week, round 3 commences with A! I am going to change the rules slightly and say that the form the ABC post takes can be any ART form, photographic, written or otherwise. I know there are people who write, rather than take photographs, so this will be acceptable. I would also urge people to post just one subject, otherwise you will run out of ideas and we can't have that!
Personally, I am going to set myself a challenge. The theme for my next round of ABC Wednesday is going to be village life. This is because, supposidly we are in summer season and as this is a warm part of the year I think it will be good practice for me to walk as much as possible and ofcourse the village is on my doorstep. I will go in search of the letters each week. If I can't find the answer on our doorstep I will not travel more than 5 miles!
I have designed a new logo for Round 3 and a badge to display for taking part in Round 2. Please display with pride, because each one of you brings a special something each week.
I have made a wordle but dont know how to display it, just the link.
Can anybody tell me how?
It is saved in the wordle thing under ABC by Wilma.


Wherever possible I always like to try and find an appropriate poem to link to my photogrphs, this I will continue to do as it links my two greatest loves, photography and poetry.
How appropriate then I found An ABC Friendship poem to share today.
(A)ccepts you as you are
(B)elieves in "you"
(C)alls you just to say "HI"
(D)oesn't give up on you
(E)nvisions the whole of you (even the unfinished parts)
(F)orgives your mistakes
(G)ives unconditionally
(H)elps you
(I)nvites you over
(J)ust "be" with you
(K)eeps you close at heart
(L)oves you for who you are
(M)akes a difference in your life
(N)ever Judges
(O)ffers support
(P)icks you up
(Q)uiets your fears
(R)aises your spirits
(S)ays nice things about you
(T)ells you the truth when you need to hear it
(U)nderstands you
(V)alues you
(W)alks beside you
(X)-plain things you don't understand
(Y)ells when you won't listen and
(Z)aps you back to reality
(B)elieves in "you"
(C)alls you just to say "HI"
(D)oesn't give up on you
(E)nvisions the whole of you (even the unfinished parts)
(F)orgives your mistakes
(G)ives unconditionally
(H)elps you
(I)nvites you over
(J)ust "be" with you
(K)eeps you close at heart
(L)oves you for who you are
(M)akes a difference in your life
(N)ever Judges
(O)ffers support
(P)icks you up
(Q)uiets your fears
(R)aises your spirits
(S)ays nice things about you
(T)ells you the truth when you need to hear it
(U)nderstands you
(V)alues you
(W)alks beside you
(X)-plain things you don't understand
(Y)ells when you won't listen and
(Z)aps you back to reality
Author Unknown
Happy ABC Wednesday!
Dxx
84 comments:
EaZee PeZee!
Struggled tonight Mrs N!!!
Heeeeh Denise ,
I am every time confused the ZZZZ from Zeewolde I was thinking of W, but OK you ghot the ZZZZ..
Happy abc ZZZZ JoAnn /Holland
Denise,
Thanks for letting me participate for the last four letters of the alphabet. And yes, I just stole the new gif from your blog because I intend to play through the next round. ;-)
This is so-o-o much fun, so thanks for thinking u the idea in the first place.
You have indeed done a great job. Both with the ABC during the year, buy also with this last post. It must have taken the whole week just to make that poem!
The changes you have suggested should work out fine - a little more lee-way when it comes to form of presentation is only an advantage.
You have set yourself quite a goal for your own post - I wouldn't have dared. Good luck!
Thank you for the ABC Wednesday, Denise. I started at B here on this second round, so I think a take A next week and yhen I'll descide what to do next...
Your posts are always wonderful:)
Thank you!
I wonder how many z posts will be dutch words? My z is also.
Thanks for your work to keep this weekly fun.
That poem was special!
Kathy b
Thank you for being such a wonderful host. I have really enjoyed this challenge and I look forward to the next round. You did a wonderful job with your bike challenge, can't wait to see what you come up with next round.
You have really done a wonderful job for Z, Denise!
Happy abc wednesday.
Well I've got z's just not at the beginning of my word :(
I hope y'all forgive me.
I love the new ABC logo dealee, very nice.
Ready for round 3!
Thank you kindly Denise for hosting this!
I still want to use the nordic alphabet last fthree letters
Æ Ø Å
But I realize I have to do that before next wednesday
May be on Sunday
The poem is beautiful!! I always enjoyed reading your poems... always gives me a bit of inspiration some days... I'm glad you are going to keep that up.
Mountain Retreat Photos
Hello Denise,
I'm very touched by your message. It was a great pleasure for me to participate to ABC Wednesday Round 2 and I will participate also to Round 3.
I've been once to the Netherlands in the region called ZEELAND. This ZEEWORDE, is it near to ZEELAND?
Have a great Wednesday and Thank you so much!
Even though Ijoined this round a bit late, I have thoroughly enjoyed it! Thank you so much!
Definitely am going to be part of the next round right from the beginning! I have one already!
Uuuh - we're almost through and I can go with an entire new round of idea's. And don't you worry - too many ABC choices out there to run out of idea's. I for my part will keep up the double ABC Editions. :)
And you of course made a good one!
Nice the zooming out.
Cheers, Klaus
P.S.: Your Wordle is on its way to you!
Good pixs. My is up
Thanks for hosting this wonderful weekly challenge,Mrs N. I am also a newbie, having jumped aboard at T, but it already has a little part of my life snaffled.Yes...I also am constantly on the lookout for more obscure ideas for the letters &^ Wednesday is my favourite day because of it...TRUE!
You were gifted that one, Denise.It just had to be.
I am looking forward to seeing what folk come up with.
What a perfect photo!
I've had my Z planned for ages and have just been waiting.
Now I must try to work out how to use the little piccie thing that you've created (which is very pretty and awfully talented of you!)
I can't believe we've got through the alphaebt so quickly in only - what? oh, 26 weeks maybe?! I didn't start with A but I have my A ready!
Hello Denise,
Me again,
I found another GOOD Z for you!
"ZEN and the ART of MOTORcircle"
I red that book and it fits YOU!
JoAnn Happy ABC
Well, "Louis la Vache" has something all ZIPPED up!. Stop by and take a look!
"Louis" is still not able to surf the web as long as he would like, so he'll stop by, but may not have time to sign your 'guest registries.'
We have reached the end of the alphabet, I have really enjoyed taking part, forcing me to look at the world around me to find photos for all the different letters. I look forward to the next round.
The ABC friendship poem is just perfect for all the friends you have made.
Good job you went to Holland to get your Z post!
I enjoyed participating in ABC even if it was only half. I will try to do the next round. I like the idea of village life. I may do something similar. :)
I've enjoyed your posts very much.
I only started at the letter U but I'm hooked so will be joining in the next lot. Great Z...just waiting to be used.Thanks for hosting it's good fun having a look at all the others.
Great "Z" Denise. Have enjoyed taking part for the past few months but now I must bow out as life is becoming too hectic.
My "Z" is up.
Thanks for everything and I'll keep popping by.
Well I posted two Zs earlier and Hyde DP's has just gone online - my photoblog goes live in the morning.
now I must go the land of nod and get my nightly zzzzzzzzzzz
Nice choice, and great photos. I am looking forward to start next round with you! :o)
Hi Denise. Thanks for hosting and for letting me join in half way through! Mine is up and thoroughly English!
I'll take the logos too - thanks.
Wordle - There is html code after you have posted on the board. You copy and paste that into a post by clicking on html tab and then pasting. But it is just a thumbnail. To get a big one up, I had to print out, scan in and upload as a picture.
I look forward to the next round. Trying to keep it to just one photo would be an extreme challenge for mrs. chatterbox here! lol
Oh - and last week's? I thought you had just given the privilege to Wilma because it was such an obvious Y. I loved the yachts. ;0)
Well done on incorprating yet another motorbike ref. I take my hat off to you. Thanks for letting me join midway. I've enjoyed it so much, getting my thinking cap on, and especially veiwing others posts.
Smashing idea, and look forward to the next round and the changes.
cool bike, and love the puzzle piece!
Denise, you can --on a Windows machine--right click the logo and choose save as and put it wherever you keep such things on your computer. Something similar can be done on a Mac, but I don't know what.
That's all I know how to do.
I will sign Mr. Linky when mine goes up around midnight my time.
I am nearly ready for the nest round. Pictures not taken, but ideas set. I must do the pictures as I will be away for A and possibly B.
Congratulations! I will join you in attempting to do as many of my posts from around the city as possible.
Thanks for ABC Wednesday, Denise. Its been fun. And I'm up for round 3.
Happy Wednesday!
Thanks for letting me participate, it's been both fun and challenging trying to think of something different. Great job on your "z" post. You certainly get to see alot of stuff on those bikes.
Great poem, and a great idea to have a single theme throughout 26 weeks. This is quite a challenge really.
Cheers.
looking forward to another ABC season, i am also doing our town/village theme for the next series.
12 months from now will find me in China for a Total Eclipse of the Sun.
Great new logo for ABC
It is hard to believe we have gone through the alphabet for the second time.
Great "Z" post.
After doing 2 complete ABC Wednesdays I am ready for number 3. Thank you so much for hosting this fun project and helping us see the world a bit differently. I even have my husband seeing things and suggesting shots for me.
I love your motorcycle Z post. I have actually learned a lot.
I joined ABC Wednesday late but am having lots of fun. Thanks for hosting another round!
Z-interesting. I liked the gradual revealing. Thanks for round 2 & for planning round 3. That's a terrific poem you found!
Thanks for hosting the ABC Wednesdays - I have now completed one full round; I came onboard late in round one. I enjoy the challenge and looking at the variety of the posts by others.
zooming upwards is a sense of life
Happy ABC Wednesday
Denise, I used a Spanish word. I hope you don't mind...
It's a good thing, Mrs. N!
Like your biking posts always! Very much looking forward another twenty six.
Many thanks for all you do!
Great poem and pics!! :) This has been so much fun and I'm looking forward to next round of ABC! And to have a look around today's Z-pics. Mine's up too btw.. and for a Japan traveller Z was easy peasy.. ;o) Have a great day!
Many congratulations on your 2nd ABC round heres to the next!!
I posted my Z wednesday last week...(because I am on holidays )
The new logo is very nice, and your new challenge is wonderful !
miss Yves
I just posted mine! :) Happy ABC Wednesday.
Z is up on my sithenah photoblog now
qhite a few interesting posts around - will try and catch them later but need to disconnect as we are having some work done and the electric has to be shut off for a period.
Great conclusion to the second round - though it's been my first. I've thoroughly enjoyed the last six months, and (being obviously slightly masochistic!) I intend to be here for the next six.
Thank you for putting so much time and effort into ABC Wednesday. I love your new logo.
I began the ABC wednesday only on last week by Y. I am thinking about A for the next week.
Strange words on names, signs, etc. can often be lifesavers in ABC Wednesday. Next round will be quite challenging for you, if you are going to take all photographs from your neighbourhood.
On this week's letter I had to go for dictionary to find good match for Z, but at the end, I think I made pretty good choice.
Hi Denise - I knew you'd be back on track this week!
Thanks for a wonderful round from A to Z. See you next week at A!
http://vegplotting.blogspot.com/2008/07/abc-wednesday-z-is-for.html
My thanks too for hosting this.
I joined part way through this round but hope to participate through the whole of round 3
maybe I will attempt some village life posts also to see how different the north and south are!
Thank you for hosting ABC Wednesday.
I am looking forward to round three.
Bear((( )))
Great poem and oh so true! ABC Wednesday is such great fun and although I hopped in midway I am now looking forward to participating in the full round next time.
Nice Z's and such a variety to see.
ann
You have the best adventures! Thank you so much for organizing this!
I have posted another Z picture !
I'd like to travel towards Zeewolde!
Happy Z Wednesday!
Miss Yves
love the bike.
Yes, lots of "Z" places in Holland.
I posted a pic of a black Ducati yesterday!
Yep, those Z's pop up when you least expect them to... I didn't quite know what I was going to do for ABC Wednesday until I was walking down San Francisco's Haight Street early last Sunday -- and there it was -- "Z"ion Train... Don't know who Zion Train is? Well, I guess you'll just have to go to my blog and find out...
I don't believe it!
It's only midday (early for me) and I', number 76 on Z??? Z??
OK hands up everyone who did Zoo.
:^)
Thanks for a great ride, Mrs N! I will try to keep your challenge in mind through the next series. I had to resort to the far reaches of Texas this time!
Happy Z day!
The ABC friendship poem is so perfect for this ABC Wednesday!
The wordle cant be c/p .. you need to print it out and then scan it so you can make a jpg or tiff and then post it.
I am sad to say this is my last ABC Wednesday ... its been really great fun and I have met a lot of super people and seen a lot of amazing photos but my job is taking up a lot of my time, can you imagine!, and I have had less and less time to visit other posters so I feel I must withdraw and tend to work...
Thanks for being such an amazing hostess and thank you to everyone for your kind comments and for sharing your photos.
:-Daryl
So this round is over! I can't wait to start another one! This ABC Wednesday became part of my virtual life! :) Loved the new logo, and I've already displayed the comemorative round 2 logo as well. Oh, I loved the poem, it fits so well in the meme!!
Take good care and see you next week for one more round of this fun!
Kisses from Nydia.
I feel so lucky just to have had a Z word available!
I love those shots that hit you right in the head, saying look at me!!
I can't believe I didn't realize that you were using your bikes as the letters. I knew several trips were featured and you found bikes with the letters but guess am dense. Good job!
I once went around looking for pictures of things that looked like letters of the alphabet. I found about half the alphabet and it was a challenge. I still look for them with not much lick.
Like I said before, I won't be joining next round because I want to get out and do more hiking this summer. I am jealous of your new logo tho. Good luck!
In the second paragraph, the word is lUck not lick. I didn't want to leave you wondering about me. lol
Lucky with this one, this Z is something I see every day! http://zetor-mogsblog.blogspot.com/2008/07/abc-wednesday_16.html
I can't remember where I started, somewhere around J I think, but I still can't believe we have reached Z!
Thanks so much, it's been great fun :)
I like your wordle, (I tried to make one the other day and failed!!)
Looking forward to A again. I like your idea about the village theme, I'm not sure I 'm brave enough to set my self boundaries!!
Happy ABC!
Oops tried again! It didn't load me up last time! All gremlins here today...
Hiya, am a first timer here and love the idea, so have posted. Hope it qualifies! (or whatever)
Z is not really an easy letter. Bravo for your post! I think people from England, Holland or Germany might have found it easier :-)
I like the idea you have of having all the ARTS participating. It has been a joy to be part of this during the last two rounds. Here's to round three and the wonderful lady who pulls it all together for us!! Many thanks to you, Denise!
Shalom to all. Sorry, but I had to post a Z about today's events in Israel. Not a happy Z.
Great post Mrs N.
sorry for not participating the last few weeks but finding it hard to get to see averyone at the moment.
Lovely :-) I need to get my thinking cap on, I promised to start with the new A ;-)
Waht an original z! Mine is up now.
P.s Thanks for doing this and for continuing it another year.
You know what Denise? Now that I have my new camera (yay!) when I am walking around taking pictures, the FIRST thing I think is, "Can I use this for ABC Wednesday?" I am looking forward to the next one.
I have a new blog. Someone felt it was their "duty" to monitor my old blog. As if...! You can link to me through this comment post, or here:
http://majorityoftwo.blogspot.com/
Cheers!
Josie
OK I am late as usual...but it isn't quite midnight in New York yet...I have my Z post up at last! Whew...talk about a deadline!
Annie
Dear Mrs Nessbit, just like to say thnks for such an interesting project as ABC WEDNESDAY really make you think.
Brian
No, Mrs. Nesbitt, I did NOT get chicken from Zaxby's. I got it from Chick Fil-a instead! LOL
Post a Comment